The Medium Tank, T26E1 is an American prototype medium tank developed in the mid 1940s towards the end of the second world war.
The T26E1 is fitted with a torqmatic transmission, which was lighter than the electric transmission of the T26. The T26E1 was developed in parallel with the T25E1, a lighter model.
One of the T26E1 examples (registration number 30103292) was converted into a T26E4 and saw service in the final months of the second world war.
- Medium Tank, T26
- Original prototype model with electric transmission.
- Medium Tank, T26E1
- Prototype model with torqmatic transmission.
- Medium Tank, T26E2
- Close support model equipped with the 105mm Howitzer, M4.
- Medium Tank, T26E3
- Prototype model that was accepted into service as the Medium Tank, M26.
- Medium Tank, T26E4
- Up-gunned model equipped with the 90m Gun, T15E2.
- Medium Tank, T26E5
- Up-armoured prototype.
- Medium Tank, M26
- Standard production model, redesignated from Medium Tank, T26E3.
- Medium Tank, M26E1
- Updated T26E4 with 90mm Gun, T54.
- Medium Tank, M26E2
- Upgraded model redesignated Medium Tank, M46.
- Medium Tank, M26A1
- Upgraded M26 with 90mm Gun, M3A1.
- Medium Tank, M26 (T99)
- Model equipped with the Rocket Launcher, T99 system.
| Land Vehicles of the United States of America |
1919 - 1945
| Half-Tracked Vehicles
|| M2 (A1 • A2 • E6) • M3 (A1 • A2 • E2) • M5 (A1 • A2) • M9 (M9A1)|
T7 • T14 • T16 • T29 • T31
|| T15 • T16 • T17 • T18 • T19
| Amphibious Transport
| Gun Motor Carriages (GMC)
|| M3, 75mm (A1) • M34, 40mm|
T12, 75mm • T48, 57mm • T54, 40mm (E1) • T59, 40mm (E1) • T60, 40mm (E1) • T68, 40mm
| Howitzer Motor Carriages (HMC)
|| T19, 105mm • T30, 75mm • T34, 105mm • T38, 105mm
| Multiple Gun Motor Carriages (MGMC)
|| M2 Halftrack (B-6) • M13 • M14 • M15 (A1) • M16 (A1) • M17|
T1 (E1 • E2 • E3 • E4) • T10 (E1) • T28 (E1) • T58
| Mortar Motor Carriages (MMC)
|| 81mm M4 (A1) • T19 • M21 • T21 (E1)
|| Patton's Command Vehicle • Radio Carrier, T17 • T18 Instrument Carrier