The Medium Tank, M3 is an American medium tank developed early during the second world war. The M3 and its variants saw service in Africa, and in the Asian theatre.
Some M3 medium tanks were provided to the Soviet Union as part of the lend-lease agreement.
- Medium Tank, M3 (Lee I / Grant I)
- Original production model with riveted hull and a high profile turret. 4,724 were built.
- Medium Tank, M3A1 (Lee II)
- Second production model with a cast upper hull, 300 built.
- Medium Tank, M3A2 (Lee III)
- Third production model with a welded hull. Only 12 were built.
- Medium Tank, M3A3 (Lee IV / Lee V)
- Fourth production model with a welded hull and twin GM 6-71 diesel engines. 322 built.
- Medium Tank, M3A4 (Lee VI)
- Fifth production model with stretched riveted hull and Chrysler A57 multibank engine. 109 built.
- Medium Tank, M3A5 (Grant II)
- Original production model fitted with twin GM 6-71 diesel engines. 591 built.
- 105mm Howitzer Motor Carriage, M7
- Self-propelled howitzer model.
- 155mm Gun Motor Carriage, M12
- Self-propelled gun model.
- Cargo Carrier, M30
- Cargo carrying model.
- Prime Mover, M33
- Prime mover based on the M31.
- Tank Recovery Vehicle, M31
- Recovery vehicle based on the M3.
- Tank Recovery Vehicle, M31B1
- Recovery vehicle based on the M3A3.
- Tank Recovery Vehicle, M31B2
- Recovery vehicle based on the M3A5.
- M3 BARV
- Australian beach armoured recovery vehicle based on the M3A5.
- Grant ARV
- Armoured recovery vehicle.
- Grand Command Vehicle
- Command vehicle with dummy weaponry.
- Grant Scorpion Mk. III
- Model with hull gun removed to accommodate for a mine flail.
- Grant Scorpion Mk. IV
- Scorpion Mk. III with an additional motor to provide more power to the flail.
- Grant CDL / Shop Tractor, T10
- Variant with upper turret replaced with a powerful spotlight and machine gun, produced by both the British and the Americans.
- Australian self-propelled howitzer based on the M3A5.
| Land Vehicles of the United States of America |
1919 - 1945
|Transport|| M2 (A1 • A2 • E6) • M3 (A1 • A2 • E2) • M5 (A1 • A2) • M9 (M9A1)|
T7 • T14 • T16 • T29 • T31
|Trucks||T15 • T16 • T17 • T18 • T19|
|Gun Motor Carriages (GMC)|| M3, 75mm (A1) • M34, 40mm|
T12, 75mm • T48, 57mm • T54, 40mm (E1) • T59, 40mm (E1) • T60, 40mm (E1) • T68, 40mm
|Howitzer Motor Carriages (HMC)||T19, 105mm • T30, 75mm • T34, 105mm • T38, 105mm|
|Multiple Gun Motor Carriages (MGMC)|| M2 Halftrack (B-6) • M13 • M14 • M15 (A1) • M16 (A1) • M17|
T1 (E1 • E2 • E3 • E4) • T10 (E1) • T28 (E1) • T58
|Mortar Motor Carriages (MMC)||81mm M4 (A1) • T19 • M21 • T21 (E1)|
|Utility||Patton's Command Vehicle • Radio Carrier, T17 • T18 Instrument Carrier|